3D Models for Heritage Interpretation
Advanced 3D Visualizations
3D Techniques for Heritage Preservation
World Heritage Documentation Research
Imperiled Heritage Preservation
We are a Research and Education Support Unit in the School of Geosciences, College of Arts and Sciences, at the University of South Florida. Our goal is to create interdisciplinary approaches to research and curriculum that involves 3D technologies and visualizations. We have particular research interest in preserving and protecting the world's cultural and natural heritage through education and global engagement.
- Addressing Global Challenges - through the conservation and digital preservation of the world's cultural and natural heritage
- Supporting USF Researchers - through national and international projects using advanced spatial technologies
- Supporting and Enhancing Graduate and Undergraduate Research – through teaching, training, and mentoring
- Partnering with Industry – through the development and application of spatial documentation and advanced visualization, and the development of related computer applications and digital archiving
- Partnering with the Public Sector – through the documentation of important heritage resources on public and governmental lands and in public collections and museums
"Working to preserve and protect the world’s cultural and natural heritage through education and global engagement."